Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Let's here it for ALYESKA!!






Just got home and boy was it a vacation to just die for. I have come to find that in my life the vacations that I truly come to love and enjoy are those where I try to fit right in with the locals. Alaska was all about that. I was able to stay in the small town of Girdwood (about an hour south of anchorage) in a little 400 square foot condo with my girlfriend from the PA program Darcie and her boyfriend Chris. The condo was right by the lift and so we just skied from the door to the lift. I don't think life could get any better. Within the space of 6 days I enjoyed 4 days on the slopes, one day back country, two movies at the blue tooth restaurant in anchorage, a Blues Travelers concert, fireworks, a 9 mile run, watching a tow truck pull someone away from two cars that it slid into, a fire down the hallway of the condo new years eve, 8 episodes of Grey's anatomy (which I am now addicted to!) and of course some amazing sleep (since it does not get light till about 10:30 am). Alaska is just an amazing place and if you love mountains, wild life and snow it is the place to be. I did get a few pictures but I just forgot my camera most the time. Now back in town I am getting ready for school that starts on Monday. Brock moved to Colorado this week and am going to go visit him before Mondays first day of school. I think that life just keeps moving forward at an extremely fast pace. I love it!!

6 comments:

Holly Harris Murray said...

Hey Ashley, I just blog tagged you so now you have to visit my blog to see what that's all about. Copy and paste my post and then repost on yours...good luck!

http://hollyrharris.blogspot.com

BAWC said...

we are so jealous! the trip looked like a blast. why did brock move to colorado? good luck monday, love you lots.

Gardner's said...

Ash,
Hello stranger!! i was so excited to find your blog. It looks like you are having a lot of fun these days, as always. I'd love to keep in touch better!!
Love, Jess Morrow Gardner

Dan and Jen said...

Ashley Lawrence-
So, here I was looking at my sister-in-law's blog, went to another blog, then another. And ended up finding your blog. Random. How are you? You look like you are having a fantastic time with all your adventures and school. I hope you are doing well. Good luck this semester. (It was fun to see you at the Color's concert).
-Jen Herzog

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

BAWC said...

smash-
it is time for a new post.